Required Junior SAP Accountant for Dubai. Bachelor degree in accounting with experience in similar position in a corporate type of company.
Job description / Role
Accounting & Reporting
• Interprets, oversees and controls the recording of financial transactions and/or activities.
• Implements current accounting procedures as needed and ensures transactions are properly controlled.
• Reports on financial data in a meaningful and informative manner to responsible inter/intra departmental parties.
• Review, edits and approves journal entries and account reconciliations by members of the department and parties outside the department that will be entered into the accounting records of the company.
• Liaises with the colleagues from the Finance Shared Service Center in Budapest for topics related to Accounting & Reporting including Accounts Payable activities, Treasury and Accounts Receivable
• Preparation of timely and accurate monthly AP and related reports.
• Reviews accuracy of purchase orders prior to posting.
• Supporting an accurate and timely actual reporting according to IFRS, FGAR, FINCO and DIS and for monthly accounting activities.
• Support the preparation and analysis of the monthly reporting packages as well as local statutory reporting requirements (internal audit, external audit, JAFZA requirements, VAT submission and annual statutory reporting requirements).
• Review and post regional cost reports into SAP to ensure cost centers and cost elements are accurate.
• Ensures all business activities comply with Travel & Expense Policy, FGAR, relevant SOP’s and local guidelines.
• Reports certain events in Client internal reporting systems like FINCO.
• Interacts/works closely with the Financial Shared Service Center in Budapest to ensure that the normal events are reported correctly and on time.
• Analyzes financial transactions and/or data for trends, variances, exceptions and consistency with generally accepted accounting practices and company policy.
• Meets with financial management to explain unusual and special situations and recommends solutions.
• Assists in preparing budgets for assigned departments and providing budget evaluations on a regular basis and track capital and expense budgets.
• Supports in timely processing of payroll
• Review all incoming invoices and expenses for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
• Provides any additional ad-hoc financial support.
• Maintains master data in SAP such as vendor/customer data, payment terms and pricing.
• Monitors purchase requisition process and makes sure that it is within the global guidelines.
• Reports indirect procurement spends in the Savings Tracker.
Travel & Entertainment
• Audits expense reports submitted for reimbursement.
• Communicates with supported affiliate employees in a professional manner when corrections or clarification is required on expense report submissions.
• Communicates and collaborates proactively with various business partners to resolve issues or alerts of T&E or HCP compliance discrepancies.
• A first experience in similar position in a corporate type of company
• Strong business acumen and financially savvy
• Strong financial skills
• Fluent in English (verbal and written); knowledge of Arabic language is preferred
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as the Google Suite
• Excellent SAP skills
• Minimal a bachelor degree in accounting